Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Carter's 6th birthday party!

 
     December 5th 2016 Carter Jackson Prince turned 6 years old! (insert cry) If you've followed me for a while now you know Carter is my step-son. I have been raising him with my fiance since he was 2 years old. I've literally changed his diaper before.  I've always felt extremely blessed to have been apart of his childhood at such a young age. He has and will always be so extremely special to me. The way he treats me and shows me love never goes unnoticed and I am blessed & honored that he chooses to call me mommy. 
     I also truly enjoy hosting parties. I love to decorate and put smiles on everyone face. This year Carter said he wanted a Pokemon party. So I took that and rolled with it! It was so much fun putting together this party because I remember playing Pokemon when I was a child! Things are re-generating and making me feel old! 
     Here are some of the decor I made for Carter's 6th birthday party! All SUPER easy!
  • Pokemon ball donuts: 1/2 dozen glazed donuts. I sprinkled red sprinkles on top while covering the bottom. Cut a large marshmallow in half and placed it over the donuts hole. Added chocolate chips to create the black line.
  • Pokemon ball fruit tray: Very simple! I purchased a plastic dip tray and used electrical tape to create the separation. I cut strawberries to add the red color and bananas to add the white color. Added some fruit dip in the middle for yummy taste and to complete the look! I loved this because it was a healthy option during the party and the kids loved it!
  • Pokemon ball plates: Another very simple project. I purchased both red and white paper plates. cut them in half and used electrical tape to tape them together to create Pokemon ball plates!
  • Pokemon ball pizza: I got the most questions on how I created this pizza. It was very easy! I purchase a frozen cheese pizza, pepperonis and olives. Before putting the pizza in the oven I added the pepperonis to the top and olives in the middle to create the separation. It was also a great way for those who wanted only cheese pizza!  
  • Pokemon ball cake: I used a 10 inch round cake pan to bake a chocolate cake. Once the cake was cooled down I simply frosted the top red, the bottom white and again, added a half large marshmallow and chocolate chips to finish the look!
  • Pokemon ball backdrop: All i did was purchase 3 disposable table cover and cut and taped them together. I do wish I cut the red instead of just adding the white on top of the red. That's why the bottom looks pinkish. But... kiddo was almost home and well.. mom brain.










1 comment:

  1. Best one! I also love cooking especially baking part. Pan cakes are really blowing off my mind with sweets craving. Pokémon idea will be great for my son's birthday too. Searching some affordable venues in NYC for the get together. Some return gifts and décor ideas are suggested by my colleague also.

    ReplyDelete